I am a (2 time) wife, mother of 4, step-mother of another 4, a grandmother, and fur mother to Axel (aka “The Child”)!
I remember when I staring down the barrel of turning 30, I declared that I would never let AGE get in my way. That I would do everything in my power to defy my age, and that I would go down kicking and screaming all the way! Nearly 30 years later I still stand by that! “Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn” as they say…
Here’s just some of what I’ve been up to…
Now at 56 years young, I’ve been around the block a few times. I’ve done and experienced many things – some good, and some pretty shit. But the beautiful thing about AGE is that with it also comes WISDOM!
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to know more, learn more and experience more, and have spent a big part of my life studying and researching a diverse and interesting range of subjects including…
- Holistic Health, Wellness, Nutrition & Weight Loss coach & educator
- Aromatherapy / Essential Oils coach & educator
- Women’s Fitness Instructor – Aerial Yoga, Pole Dance, Barre Pilates and Yoga (Yin & Core Vinyasa) & Cert III Fitness instructor
- Skin Care/Make-Up Artist & Colour/Style Analysis
- Business Coach and Mentor – Sales, Marketing & Online Business
- Supplements – Sports, Natural, Herbal and Nootropics
- Spiritual Growth Coach & Meditation, Breath Work and Mindfulness
- Kitchen, Bathroom & Interiors Designer & Colour Specialist
I also have a great passion for writing, speaking and mentoring others and am happy to share my own stories and experiences, while helping others design a life well lived. I continue to learn, grow and evolve myself, and remain (always will) a work in progress!
Life CAN get “messy” – and mine is no different…
I’ve had some amazing highs AND some pretty awful lows – times when I thought I’d hit Rock Bottom –
- a VERY bitter, messy and lengthy divorce and custody battle
- the loss and death of too many family and friends
- living through a breast cancer issue
- chronic (business related) anxiety, depression, health and weight problems
Then came the BIG one that rocked my world to the very core…
In September 2014, my youngest son Alex was found dead at his home at the age of 23. No reason, no explanation and no answers for almost a year.
In that split second my life changed forever! It would NEVER be the same again! I would never be the same again, and my world crumbled around me 😦
Major grief, depression and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) followed, and after 18 months of “dealing and healing,” my husband and I decided to walk away from our successful company of 10 years, pack up our lives in Sydney and head 3 hours north to get a fresh start in Port Stephens, NSW (Australia).
And after all that, I discovered…
THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH
When I finally came through it all, and acknowledged all my past experiences have shaped the person I was 10 YEARS AGO, YESTERDAY, who I am TODAY and who I will be TOMORROW the real healing began!
The good news is that each time we get broken, we have the opportunity to “repair”, ultimately becoming even more beautiful because of our experience/s – like this piece of pottery…
I am BRAVE, I am BRUISED, I am WHO I’m meant to be – this is ME…
Big love… Cherene ❤